Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ingenious Design

Alright. It's been a while since my last post, but I figured I should write something. So, last week, my littlest daughter spilled a drink into my keyboard. I was able to grab the drink before too much spilled, but it was enough to fry the bottom row of keys(i.e. space, ctrl, alt....) and the B and V keys. I figured there was just some liquid in the keyboard I wasn't able to soak up and it was interfering with the electronics, so I spent 6 hours carefully popping out the keys from my keyboard and drying the inside of it. This is what it looked like.



Needless to say, it didn't work. So, it was off to eBay to find a new keyboard after Acer Customer Support informed me of the $199 it would cost to have them fix it. Twenty dollars and three days later, I had my new keyboard in hand and fixed my computer.



Finally, one last picture for Vanlandw.



Told you I'd get one.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

You are quite the computer tech. Fixing laptops is awful, particularly Apples. I had to tear the whole thing apart down to the motherboard to replace the hard drive.

Unknown said...

GG on the fight stick. I'm so pist off. JK I'm very happy and you have a great wife to buy you equipment like that.

:-*